Why Drinkware is Popular
Drinkware includes coffee mugs, beer mugs, water bottles, tumblers and anything that people drink out of. People love to receive such items. There are several features that make drinkware among the best promotional products to give away.
- Everyone can use a water bottle or mug. Just about everyone drinks coffee, tea or at least water. That’s why these products are relevant to people in any location, industry or demographic.
- Drinkware products are highly portable. People take water bottles everywhere, such as to the gym, the office or on vacation. They’ll use their coffee mug at work. Portable items are great for promotional purposes, as lots of people see them as they’re displayed in public.
- They’re highly customizable. You can print just about anything on a drinkable. In addition to your logo, you can have text printed or include a distinctive image. You can also choose from a wide variety of sizes, colors, and styles.
- Drinkware is ideal for any type of event or giveaway. When you give away drinkables at a trade show, people can start using them immediately. They’re also perfect to use as online giveaways, prizes for fitness events or any other purpose.
Advantages of Drinkware Over Other Promotional Items
While there are advantages to using a variety of promotional products, there’s strong evidence to support the use of drinkware. What makes these items more practical and desirable than many other types of promotional products? Statistics cited in this section are from the ASI Global Ad Impressions Study.
- They are long-lasting. The longer someone holds onto a promotional item, the more likely others are to see it. Promotional drinkware is kept for a whole year on average. That’s quite a bit of time for someone to display it far and wide.
- You get an excellent ROI. It’s interesting to compare promotional products to other popular types of advertising such as online ads. Pay-per-click ads such as Google AdWords are often measured in terms of Cost Per Impression or CPI. In this case, someone seeing items such as custom branded coffee mugs counts as an impression. Assuming you pay $7 for an item, the average CPI is less than one-half a cent. If you invest in online ads, you often pay well over $1.
- People are very familiar with such products. Some promotional products are basically knickknacks that don’t have much practical use. Studies indicate that the majority of people already have some type of promotional drinkware. This is true for 87 percent of Baby Boomers, for example. That’s a large majority for people who make quite a few purchases and business decisions!